Am 1140 radio independencia online dating
The OS 6 inch sheet (Glamorgan XL) records "human remains" as having been found on Stormy Down in 1870, near the southern limit of the so called "Danish Camp" but nothing appears to be known of these remains.The present burial lay some 350 yards North-West of this discovery.His strips also indicated the junctions of cross-routes but the only topographical features are villages & important houses. Llanelly & Hafod (Swansea) Copperworks schools, the Rhymney, Dowlais & Neath Abbey Ironworks schools etc.Three editions of the work, one entitled "Itinerarium Angliae" as a variant from the standard & first edition, "Britannia" appeared in 1675. Sometimes a school in a mining community was maintained partly by fixed annual donations from colliery owners or companies.The hollow in the rock was lined with blocks of limestone of various sizes to enclose an area roughly 4ft by 2ft 7in. Over the capstone had been piled up, without arrangement or method, a heap of stones of various sizes; but it was noticed that these stones did not extend downwards over the sides of the capstone into the hollow which contained the grave. The disturbance of one of the forearm bones of the right arm, which rested on the spinal column, clearly showed that the earth contained in the grave had entered after the decay of the body.in maximum dimensions, the floor of which had been prepared for the body by a layer of oolitic limestone flakes. The removal of the capstone showed the grave to be full of comparatively clean tightly packed soil which revealed no trace on its surface of the remains it contained. The cist was too roughly built to be thoroughly earth-tight.In addition to authorities given, the comparison of the Norman names in Cal. preserved in France (Rolls Series) & Fabricius' Danske Minder i Norman-diet. For the most part above 300 feet contour-line, it forms part of an elevated limestone region which is defined on the north & east by the Rivers Kenfig and Ogmore and which to the south & west drops gradually to the sandhills of Merthyr Mawr, Newton and Kenfig.
The teeth suggest an adult in middle life, and show much evidence of hard wear.The uneven character of the ground made it impossible to detect at a glance any articial mound & the discovery was entirely accidental.The main workings of the quarry had been flooded by the heavy rains and in the course of working a new face at a high level further to the east, a large slab of stone was met with, from beneath which a skull was dislodged & broken up before the character of the find was realised.Small-scale maps of Glamorgan & South Wales were the strip-maps of main roads 1st evolved as a cartographic medium by John Ogilby in 1675 - these held sway well into the 18th century. Their prosperity depended essentially upon the availabilty & supply of cheap coal and most of the larger iron & copper works had their own collieries.
Ogilby used the scale of 1 inch to the mile which had immense consequences. But collieries in this category had no schools, since the colliers' children attended the iron or copperworks schools eg.The names are of 2 classes - those holding lands in the county & those marked "test," who witness local charters and are found in the documents amongst local names. This third stage in the development of the coalfield inaugurated a whole succession of new colliery schools, most of which were located in the two Rhondda Valleys whilst many others were established in other colliery districts. Major Rugg kindly provided the necessary labour and has since deposited the finds in the National Museum of Wales.